Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Carson City is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Anderson Heating & A/C constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. mow the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Anderson Heating & A/C in Carson City at 775-230-7628 today.