You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Anderson Heating & A/C have compiled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you find small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make sure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a huge dent on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting acclimated to the present temperature, try adjusting it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Anderson Heating & A/C technician is over for your regular furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 775-230-7628.