Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Carson City during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Anderson Heating & A/C will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Anderson Heating & A/C at 775-230-7628 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.