Make your life easier—get ahead by preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures turn up. You can save on your utility bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are working your system when it needs service, you could see a drastic increase in costs and damaging wear and tear on your machine. Keep your system in top shape with at least one air conditioning service visit from your Anderson Heating & A/C expert each year. This is vital to keep your unit working for the long haul. Your technician can make sure that your unit is working correctly and look for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more costly repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will provide you:
- Cooling cycle assessment
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and during the year to ensure your AC is working at peak performance.
- Clear the space around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your air conditioner, which can cut off airflow. Take away piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outside unit was covered during the cold season, don’t forget to uncover it. You can ruin your system if you turn on your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for serious repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Anderson Heating & A/C service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when needed! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may need to change them more often.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your home healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever the heat can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Anderson Heating & A/C team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.