The low temperatures in winter usually equate to high heating bills. Does anyone know of ways to keep your home warm without raising your energy cost so much? Yes! Anderson Heating & A/C has some advice for you to help keep your home comfortable and your heating bills lower.
Use these tips to help improve your energy efficiency and help reduce your heating bills this winter:
- Make the most of sunny days in Carson City to help heat your home naturally. Pull back the curtains and open the blinds to let the sun give your furnace a little [[help|boost|break]14.
- Keep the cold air from sneaking in. Seal your windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- The more you can control the temperature in your home, the more you can manage your energy usage. A programmable thermostat will get the job done and help improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Clogged, dirty furnace filters make your furnace work harder and lower your energy efficiency. Clean or replace them every three months.
- Do a quick check of your home. Are any vents or cold air returns obstructed? Remove anything that’s blocking them for better airflow and efficiency.
- If your furnace is more than 15 years old, start shopping for a new energy-efficient model. This could save you the cost of emergency repairs and will help lower your energy bills for years to come.
- We all know that heat rises. Don’t let your heat rise so far and sneak out through the attic. Keep your attic well insulated to keep warm air where you need it.
- It’s a little-known fact, but heat can escape through your roof. Examine it for loose or missing shingles and holes or areas that need to be sealed.
It may seem like managing your home’s energy efficiency is difficult, but with these tips, it should be a little easier. If you’re looking for more ways to increase your home’s energy efficiency, give us a call at 775-230-7628. We’ll help you keep your home comfortable all year long, even in the harshest Carson City weather.