When it’s cold in Carson City you need your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system appears to be running well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can stop air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you could need a furnace repair. The quicker you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Anderson Heating & A/C.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You might have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You might have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you increased the temperature again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could suggest a few particular problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your space.
4. Your electric bill keeps growing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps increasing. This could point to several different problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, stop your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC technicians to fix.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The experts at Anderson Heating & A/C will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.