Having standard air conditioning service completed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Carson City summer, have the experts at Anderson Heating & A/C conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illicitly freeing it to the environment.
- Look for efficient airflow in the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We recommend taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Anderson Heating & A/C today at 775-230-7628.